New Weldtech course dates announced: click here for details.
The workshop at 250 Causewayside was fully refurbished in 2012, creating more shop display space, a revamped repair service area and increased space for classes. Bicycles are now on sale every day. The bikes are put on sale as soon as they have been refurbished by our mechanics, so stock changes on a daily basis.
Our new shop opening hours are Tuesday - Saturday, 10am-5pm. We are open until 8pm on Wednesdays for Fix Your Own Bike, which also runs on Saturdays from 12pm-4pm.
The Repair Centre follows the same opening hours as the shop.
We welcome donations of used bikes and cycling equipment - donations can always be dropped in to the workshop, Monday - Saturday, 10am-5pm. All donations are used to fund our work supporting cycling in central Scotland. While many people are aware of the shop and services we offer, not everyone knows about the project work we also undertake. Over the past months we have helped supply primary schools in Edinburgh with affordable 2nd hand bikes, and have been working on a project with the Prison Service. By making a donation you help support the work we do in the wider community.
Dr Bike is out and about! Come along to any of the events below to get a bike safety check, chat to our staff about cycle routes and travelling around the city by bike, and improve your cycling confidence and brush up on your skills with a free taster cycle lesson. Help us do more for Edinburgh's cyclists by filling out a short survey at any of these events.
- Wednesday 15th January - Fiveways junction - 3pm-6pm
- Saturday 18th January - Fiveways junction - 10am-1pm
- Wednesday 22nd January - Canalside, Leamington Lift Bridge - 3pm-6pm
- Saturday 25th January - Canalside, Leamington Lift Bridge - 10am-1pm
- Wednesday 29th January- the Meadows - 3pm-6pm
- Saturday 1st February - the Meadows - 10am-1pm
- Wednesday 5th February - Portobello Prom - 3pm-6pm
- Saturday 8th February - Portobello Prom - 10am-1pm
- Wednesday 12th February - Fiveways junction - 3pm-6pm *12/02 CANCELLED DUE TO ILLNESS*
- Saturday 15th February - Fiveways junction - 10am-1pm
- Wednesday 19th February – Canalside, Leamington Lift Bridge – 3pm-6pm
- Saturday 22nd February – Canalside, Leamington Lift Bridge – 10am-1pm
- Wednesday 26th February – the Meadows – 3pm-6pm
- Saturday 1st March – the Meadows – 10am-1pm
- Wednesday 5th March – Portobello Prom – 3pm-6pm
- Saturday 8th March – Portobello Prom – 10am-1pm
- Wednesday 12th March – Fiveways junction – 3pm-6pm
- Saturday 15th March – Fiveways junction – 10am-1pm
- Wednesday 19th March – Canalside, Leamington Lift Bridge – 3pm-6pm
- Saturday 22th March – Canalside, Leamington Lift Bridge – 10am-1pm
- Wednesday 26th March – the Meadows – 3pm-6pm
- Saturday 29th March – the Meadows – 10am-1pm
We welcome feedback from our customers. If you would like to send us your comments, you can download our Customer comments form here. Completed forms can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to the workshop at 250 Causewayside, Edinburgh EH9 1UU, marked for the attention of the office manager.