If you have a spare adult bicycle gathering dust in a shed or clogging up a cupboard, it could be used to create another cyclist on the streets of Edinburgh. Every year the Bike Station refurbishes and sells hundreds of bikes to students in September.
This year the demand has been so high that our stock of donated bikes is running perilously low. We really don't want to miss this chance to put these students on two wheels, so any bikes you can bring to us at 250 Causewayside will be especially welcome. We're open Monday to Saturday 10 - 5 for donations, with late opening on Wednesdays for the Fix Your Own Bike session. All donations gratefully received, no matter what condition they are in.
New Velotech (formerly Weldtech) courses' dates have been announced.
The Velotech Award maintenace courses are accredited courses recognised by the Bicycle Association, at the end of which the successful participants get the Gold, Silver or Bronze Award, a recognised professional mechanic's qualification.
See more details here.
Dr Bike is out and about! Come along to any of the free events below to get a free bike safety check, chat to our staff about cycle routes and travelling around the city by bike, and improve your cycling confidence and brush up on your skills with a free taster cycle lesson.
- Saturday 20th Sept - Fiveways Junction - 10am - 1pm.
- Wednesday 24th Sept - Craigleith Junction - 3 - 6pm.
- Saturday 27th Sept - Craigleith Junction - 10am - 1pm.
- Wednesday 1st October - Middle Meadow Walk - 3 - 6pm.
- Saturday 4th October - Middle Meadow Walk - 10am - 1pm.
- Wednesday 8th October - Leamington Lift Bridge - 3 - 6pm.
- Saturday 11th October - Farmer's Market, Castle Terrace - 10am - 1pm.
- Wednesday 15th October- Fiveways Junction - 3 - 6pm.
- Saturday 18th October - Fiveways Junction - 10am - 1pm.
- Wednesday 22nd October - Craigleith Junction - 3 - 6pm.
- Saturday 25th October - Craigleith Junction - 10am - 1pm.
- Wednesday 29th October - Middle Meadow Walk - 3 - 6pm.
- Saturday 1st November - Middle Meadow Walk - 10am - 1pm.