If you have a spare adult bicycle gathering dust in a shed or clogging up a cupboard, it could be used to create another cyclist on the streets of Edinburgh. Every year the Bike Station refurbishes and sells hundreds of bikes to students in September and October.
This year the demand has been so high that our stock of donated bikes is running perilously low. We really don't want to miss this chance to put these students on two wheels, so any bikes you can bring to us at 250 Causewayside will be especially welcome. We're open Monday to Saturday 10 - 5 for donations, with late opening on Wednesdays for the Fix Your Own Bike session. All donations gratefully received, no matter what condition they are in.
New Velotech (formerly Weldtech) courses' dates have been announced.
The Velotech Award maintenace courses are accredited courses recognised by the Bicycle Association, at the end of which the successful participants get the Gold, Silver or Bronze Award, a recognised professional mechanic's qualification.
See more details here.
Dr Bike is out and about! Come along to any of the free events below to get a free bike safety check, chat to our staff about cycle routes and travelling around the city by bike, and improve your cycling confidence and brush up on your skills with a free taster cycle lesson.
- Wednesday 19th November - Craigleith Junction - 3 -6pm.
- Saturday 22nd November - Craigleith Junction - 10am - 1pm.
- Wednesday 26th November - Middle Meadow Walk - 3 -6pm.
- Saturday 29th November - Middle Meadow Walk - 10am -1pm.
- Wednesday 3rd December - Leamington lift bridge - 3 - 6pm.
- Saturday 6th December - Farmers' Market - 10am - 1pm.
- Wednesday 10th December - Fiveways Junction - 3 - 6pm.
- Saturday 13th December - Fiveways Junction - 1am - 1pm.
- Wednesday 17th December - Craigleith Junction - 3 -6pm.
- Saturday 20th December - Craigleith Junction - 10am -3pm.