New Velotech (formerly Weldtech) course dates announced: click here for details.
The workshop at 250 Causewayside was fully refurbished in 2012, creating more shop display space, a revamped repair service area and increased space for classes. Bicycles are now on sale every day. The bikes are put on sale as soon as they have been refurbished by our mechanics, so stock changes on a daily basis.
Our new shop opening hours are Tuesday - Saturday, 10am-5pm. We are open until 8pm on Wednesdays for Fix Your Own Bike, which also runs on Saturdays from 12pm-4pm.
The Repair Centre follows the same opening hours as the shop.
We welcome donations of used bikes and cycling equipment - donations can always be dropped in to the workshop, Monday - Saturday, 10am-5pm. All donations are used to fund our work supporting cycling in central Scotland. While many people are aware of the shop and services we offer, not everyone knows about the project work we also undertake. Over the past months we have helped supply primary schools in Edinburgh with affordable 2nd hand bikes, and have been working on a project with the Prison Service. By making a donation you help support the work we do in the wider community.
Dr Bike is out and about! Come along to any of the events below to get a bike safety check, chat to our staff about cycle routes and travelling around the city by bike, and improve your cycling confidence and brush up on your skills with a free taster cycle lesson. Help us do more for Edinburgh's cyclists by filling out a short survey at any of these events.
- Wednesday 30th July - Middle Meadow Walk - 3 - 6pm.
- Saturday 2nd August - Middle Meadow Walk - 10am - 1pm.
- Wednesday 6th August - Middle Meadow Walk - 3 - 6pm.
- Saturday 9th August - Craigleith Junction - 10am - 1pm.
- Wednesday 13th August - Craigleith Junction - 3 - 6pm.
- Saturday 16th August - Farmer's Market, Castle Terrace - 10am - 1pm.
- Wednesday 20th August - Fiveways Junction - 3 - 6pm.
- Saturday 23rd August - Fiveways Junction - 10am - 1pm.
- Wednesday 27th August - Leamington Lift Bridge - 3 - 6pm.
- Saturday 30th August - Leamington Lift Bridge - 10am - 1pm.
We welcome feedback from our customers. If you would like to send us your comments, you can download our Customer comments form here. Completed forms can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to the workshop at 250 Causewayside, Edinburgh EH9 1UU, marked for the attention of the office manager.