The Bike Station (Recycle to Cycle & Recycle to Cycle Trading Ltd.)
We are a social enterprise and charitable company. Now the largest recycler of bikes in the UK with 30 employees and a turnover of £925,000 our aim is a future where everyone has the opportunity for cycling and its benefits, and access to the support, advice and skills they need to keep their bike safely on the road. We refurbish donated bikes, sell them at affordable prices and use the proceeds to overcome barriers to cycling in Scotland.
Job Location: 2 x locations in Edinburgh , Scotland
Status: Full Time, 35 hours per week
How to apply: email with CV and Covering Letter plus 2 referees
Refurbishing Mechanic is part of the Refurbishing team within The Bike Station. The role is designed to
support the day to day refurbishing of our bike stock for our communities and commercial activity.
You will be a skilled bike mechanic and have experience producing finished refurbished bikes to a high
standard on a daily basis. whilst maintaining a safe and clean working environment You will have an
excellent upto date knowledge of bikes and bike components, and have experience working in a busy
workshop and retail environment. Being able to work as part of a team, including volunteers,
experienced mechanics and office staff is also vital.
Responsibilities and Duties
● Assess donated bikes for refurbishment and complete these to a high standard
● Assist with day to day operation of the workshop maintaining a clean, safe working environment.
● Data input and spreadsheet analysis for refurbishments
● Assist with retail duties and some customer service when we are open to the public
● Other duties as directed by the Production Manager
● Work alongside to assist and guide our team of volunteers
Qualifications & Experience
● Minimum of 3 years' professional experience as a bike mechanic
● A recognized qualification in bike maintenance and assembly
● Will work independently and as part of a team
● Have well-developed communication skills
Application is by CV, including 2 referees and a letter of interest, stating why you would like the role and outlining how you fit the person specification, to firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Deadline for applications: 12pm Friday, 12 May 2023